Let’s Get Creative
Do you love to write? Have an idea for an article? Let Troop Leader Central showcase your work to thousands of readers every week. Whether it’s one post or regular contributions, Troop Leader Central always has a place for content related to scouts.
Please review our submission guidelines below before submitting an article or pitching an idea.
Guest Post Guidelines
To make sure we both get the most out of your guest post, we have a few guidelines. We know what works well with our audience and what doesn’t. There is no point of you going to the effort of writing a great article for our blog if it doesn’t suite our community. Please read the following guidelines before submitting an article or pitching your idea.
Troop Leader Central is a resource site for youth group leaders and home-schooling parents. For this reason, the articles which work best are detailed, informative, and instructional.
- An original article at least 600 words long. You must not post the same content on another site.
- Include at least 1 original photograph. You must have the rights to use the photo. All people in photo must be willing to sign a photo release form if needed.
- Include a 2-3 sentence bio. You may also include a social media link, a link to your website, and a personal photo. Even better, include yourself in our Membership Spotlight and we’ll link the two.
- Good grammar and spelling must be used. We will not publish articles that require extensive editing.
- You are welcome to link to relevant content on your personal website, up to 2 links. You may also link to other relevant non-commercial sites. You may not include any affiliate links.
We reserve the right to edit and add links to your article. We may change edit some of the wording of your text, title, and/or subheadings.
We’ll promote your article on our social media platforms. We expect you to do the same.
Email your article or pitch to tlc@TroopLeaderCentral.com. We’ll get back to you as soon. We look forward to reading your posts!