Encourage your troop to read this summer and they can earn a free book from Barnes and Noble.
How to Earn a Free Book From the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program
Download and print the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Journal.
Read eight books and log their titles, authors, and your favorite part in your journal.
Bring the completed reading journal to your local Barnes and Noble bookstore by August 31, 2021. Pick out your free book from the book list and present your reading journal to the employee at the check-out counter.
The Free Books Available From the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program
There’s a wide variety of free books available from the Barnes and Noble summer reading program; and a variety of reading levels for grades 1st through 6th. Here’s what’s available in 2021:
Kids in grades 1 and 2 can pick one of these books:
Kids in grades 3 and 4 can receive one of these books:
- Into the Wild (Warriors: The Prophecies Begin Series #1)
- Try Not to LOL
- I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967
- The Baby-Sitters Club: Boy-Crazy Stacey
- Goosebumps SlappyWorld: Slappy Birthday to You
- The Borrowers
- What Are the Summer Olympics?
- The Tale of Despereaux
- Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid: Rowley Jefferson’s Journal
- Rowley Jefferson’s Awesome Friendly Adventure
- Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer
- El nino nuevo
Kids in grades 5 and 6 can choose from these books:
- Charlie Thorne and the Last Equation
- House Arrest
- Other Words for Home
- Clean Getaway
- The Last Lady-Day-of-Summer
- The Wednesday Wards
- The Storm Runner
- Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky
- Keeper of the Lost Cities
- The Doughnut Fix
- A Wrinkle In Time
- Merci Suarez Changes Gears
- Nevermoor: The Trials Of Morrigan Crow
- Espereanza renace